These 15 Local Restaurants are Serving Up Decadent Desserts This Saturday
Sample treats a variety of sweet treats at the Newark Arts Alliance.
This Saturday, throw your diet out the window and head to the Newark Arts Alliance for 'The Art of Dessert' beginning at 6:30 p.m. Savor the culinary arts and indulge in a decadent variety of desserts from local restaurants. Enjoy as much as you want and even vote for your favorite.
Participating restaurants (and their desserts) include:
- Ali Baba Restaurant: Baklava
- The Blue Crab Grill: Key lime cheesecake
- Caffé Gelato: Chocolate chip walnut cookies
- Finn McCool’s Irish Gastropub: Bite-sized brownie with Irish whiskey caramel drizzle
- Grain Craft Bar + Kitchen: Coconut tres leches cake
- Iron Hill Brewery & Restaurant: Double chocolate brownies with peanut butter caramel swirl and glaze
- Klondike Kate’s: Citrus mousse tartlets
- Ole Tapas Lounge: Chocolate tres leches cake
- Olive Tree Cafe: Turkish baklava with pistachios
- Pachamama: Shortbread cookies
- Santa Fe Mexican Grill (Newark): Tres leches Mexican cake with fruit
- Taverna Rustic Italian: Tiramisu cake pop
- Qdoba: Chocolate chip cookies
- Viva Bowls: Mini acai bowl
- Wood Fired Pizza Shop: Tiramisu
Any desserts that are remaining at the end of the event can be purchased for $5 per box.
Turkish baklava.//photo courtesy of Olive Tree Café.
A cash bar with beer and wine will be available along with complimentary fruit-infused water. Don’t miss out on the live pop-up auctions that will be held throughout the evening, which will include items from:
- The Awareness Center: Yoga package (10 sessions)
- Backyard Birds Emporium: Gift basket
- Jerry's Artarama: Framed print
- Kula SUP: Paddle boarding package
- Newark ToyotaWorld: Oil change and elite detailing package
- Silver Fox Pottery: In-studio pottery lesson for two
- Tastefully Simple: Dessert gift basket
- 31 Bags: Utility totes
Receive a free basket raffle ticket if you purchase tickets prior to the event. There will also be a basket raffle for a variety of items, as well as 10 percent off any Gallery Shop purchase during the event.
The Art of Dessert at the Newark Arts Alliance
Feb. 9, 6:30–9 p.m. Tickets are $20 and are available online, at the Newark Arts Alliance or at the door.
276 E. Main St., #102, Newark
266-7266 • Website