Veggie and Vegan Burger Recipes that Pack a Flavorful Punch
Newark Natural Foods Co-op is your one-stop ingredient shop.
You won’t believe the flavor of these juicy—and nutritious—vegan burgers. In fact, they taste so good, you won’t believe that they’re good for you. The recipe is courtesy of Lauren Clift, a member of Newark Natural Foods Co-op. Enjoy!
- 1 cup prepared Nature’s Burger mix
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1 tbsp chia seeds (soaked until tender)
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- 2 handfuls spinach (sautéed)
- 1 onion (roasted and chopped)
- 1 cup sautéed and chopped baby bella mushrooms (or any mushrooms)
- ¼ cup cooked quinoa
- 2 tbsp sunflower seeds
- Oregano, basil, garlic, salt, pepper (all to taste)
Preparation: Cook and sauté the ingredients as directed above. Mix all ingredients in a large bowl. Form into four patties and grill or pan fry. Top with your favorite condiments.