Recipe: Grilled Eggplant Salad
Mix up your routine with this quick, healthy and tasty salad.
It's grilling season, and this recipe is light and healthy. This one comes courtesy of Kris Etze of Abra...ca…dinner!, a personal chef service in Lewes. Enjoy!
Grilled Eggplant Salad
- 1 eggplant (1-pound) cut crosswise into ½-inch slices
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups coarsely chopped fresh tomato
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced finely
Prepare grill. Lightly coat both sides of eggplant slices with cooking spray. Place eggplant on grill rack, which has been lightly oiled; grill 5 minutes on each side, or until tender. Cool. Cut each eggplant slice into quarters.
Combine eggplant, tomato and remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Toss gently and serve. Yield: 5 cups