High-Protein, Healthy Snacks On the Go
This walnut, chocolate and coconut truffles recipe will keep you energized.
This tasty, low-sugar snack/dessert is high in protein and healthy fats. The recipe was created by Cosmia Weinerth, a certified health coach and personal chef with Pure Harmony Cuisine.
Walnut, Chocolate and Coconut Truffles
A low-sugar snack or dessert high in protein, healthy fats and sweetened with natural dates.
- ¾ cup organic walnuts
- ½ cup shredded organic dried coconut
- ½ cup raw cocoa powder
- 10 dates (remove pits)
- ¼ cup organic sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons of organic coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon of cinnamon
1. Process the walnuts and sunflower seeds in a food processor. Keep processing until they are turned into a fine crumb.
2. Add the dates, shredded coconut, cocoa powder, sea salt, cinnamon, vanilla extract and coconut oil. Process again until everything is well mixed and clumped together.
3. Form the mixture into bite-sized balls. Roll half the balls in cocoa powder and the other half in shredded coconut. Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Enjoy!