Recipe: Drip Café’s Frittata Muffins
Breakfast doesn’t have to be boring.
Frittata muffins, with layers of potatoes, eggs, veggies and cheese, make a great balanced breakfast that can be prepared ahead of time and served in the morning on the go. The Drip Café in Hockessin fills its muffins with sundried tomatoes, spinach, and smoked Gouda. Enjoy.
Drip Café’s Frittata Muffins
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Cube and boil 6-8 medium potatoes (Drip Café uses a mix of sweet, reds, and gold potatoes)
In a small bowl mash cooked potatoes into a chunky consistency. Season to taste using butter, salt, pepper, garlic, and rosemary. Set aside.
Rough chop about 2 cups of sundried tomatoes and spinach. Mix in a small bowl and set aside.
Scramble a dozen eggs.
Using a large, 3-inch muffin tin, apply ample grease, begin to build frittatas.
In each muffin space do the following:
- Using your fingers, spread potatoes across the bottom of the muffin tins—about a ¼ inch
- Add about 2 tablespoons of the spinach and sundried tomato mixture.
- Sprinkle in 2 tablespoon of shredded smoked Gouda.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Fill to top with scrambled eggs.
- Top with a little more cheese.
- Repeat for 6 individual muffins.
Bake in oven for 20-25 minutes, until egg is set. Allow to cool. Remove from tin. Refrigerate up to 5 days.
Reheat and serve when needed. Serve with a mixed green salad and multigrain