Celebrity Chefs’ Brunch
CONTEST OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Eligibility. Contest open to residents of Delaware, Maryland, Pennsylvania and New Jersey, who are 21 years or older at the time of entry, except employees of Today Media, Inc., employees of Meals on Wheels Delaware, and any affiliated companies, subsidiaries, and advertising or promotional agencies, and the immediate family members of, and any persons domiciled with, such employees.
3. Entry. The Celebrity Chefs’ Brunch CONTEST (the “Contest”) will begin at 12:00 a.m. (E.S.T.) on Friday, March 24, 2017 and will run through 12:00 p.m. (E.S.T.) on Wednesday, April 19, 2017 (the “Contest Period”). Only one entry per person, per email address. To enter online, visit the Celebrity Chefs’ Brunch CONTEST official registration page on the www.DelawareToday.com website, complete all of the required information and submit your entry by clicking on the “SUBMIT” button. You may also enter by printing your name, address, telephone number and age on a 3×5 card and mailing it to Celebrity Chefs’ Brunch c/o Today Media, 3301 Lancaster Pike, Wilmington, DE 19805, ATTN: Marketing Dept. All entries must be postmarked and received before noon Wednesday, April 19, 2017 in order to be eligible. No mechanical reproductions permitted. The Today Media, Inc. (“Sponsor”) will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, misdirected or illegible entries or for failure to receive entries due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or sponsor. In the event of a dispute, all email entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the email account from which they were sent. For these purposes, an email account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such email account by the Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with such email account. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted or the owner of an email account shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole, reasonable discretion, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Contest.
4. Prizes and Odds. ONE winner will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries during the Contest Period to receive two tickets to the Celebrity Chefs’ Brunch. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
5. Winner Notification and Acceptance. The winner will be notified by telephone and/or email on or about Friday, April 21, 2017. Return of prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected. Winners may waive their right to receive a prize. Prizes are non-assignable and nontransferable. No substitutions allowed, except that prizes and individual components of prize packages are subject to availability and Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. Winners are solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on prizes. Winners may be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility, and a liability and publicity release (except where prohibited by law) which must be returned within ten (10) days of date of postmark. Failure to sign and return the affidavit or release within ten (10) days, or to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules, may, at the sole discretion of Sponsor, result in a winner’s disqualification, the forfeiture of his or her interest in the prize, and the award of prize to an alternate winner. Prizes won by minors will be awarded to parent or legal guardian who must sign any affidavit or release required by Sponsor. Except where prohibited, participation in the contest constitutes entrant’s consent to the publication of his or her name and image in any media for any commercial or promotional purpose, without limitation or further compensation.
6. Participation. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Contest Rules and the decisions of the judges. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Contest as solely determined by Sponsor. In the event the Contest is compromised by a virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Contest. Should the Contest be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsor reserves the right to award prizes based on the entries received before the termination date.
7. Prize Winners. For prize winners list (available after April 28, 2016), send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Delaware Today / Celebrity Brunch Sweepstakes, Attn: Marketing, 3301 Lancaster Pike, Suite 5-C; Wilmington, DE 19805-1436
8. Limitations of Liability. By entering the Contest, entrant agrees that (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with the Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually without resort to any form of class action; (2) any claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Contest, but in no event attorney’s fees; and (3) under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any other damages, other than damages for actual out-of-pocket expenses; (4) in the event of fraud, viruses, or other events that compromise the integrity of the contest, Today Media Inc. reserves the right to terminate or modify the contest.
9. Construction. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Contest Rules, or the rights and obligations of any contestant and Sponsor, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Delaware, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of Delaware, or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Delaware. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the invalidity or unenforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
10. General Release. By entering the Contest, contestants release Today Media, Inc. any other promotional sponsors, and each of their respective affiliated companies, directors, officers, employees, representatives, partners and agents from any liability whatsoever for any claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Contest or with the acceptance, possession or use of any prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light).
11. Sponsor. The Celebrity Chefs’ Brunch Contest is sponsored by Today Media, Inc., whose decisions regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of the Contest shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Contest Rules or in other materials relating to the Contest. If you have any questions regarding this Contest, please contact Today Media, Inc.—Attn: Marketing 3301 Lancaster Pike, Wilmington, DE 19805-1436.