April 7 marks National Beer Day, so we asked Lindsey Timberman of Delaware Hop Scene, a craft-beer blog, to share her ideas for how to enjoy the day.
- Relive the college days at Stone Balloon Ale House’s Mug Night in Newark.
- Fill up your growler at Peco’s Liquors in Wilmington with their $2 off discount every Thursday.
- Grab a three-course dinner at Chelsea Tavern or Ernest & Scott for Wilmington City Restaurant Week for only $35.
- April 7 is the opening day for the Blue Rocks and also the first Beer :30 of the season. Every Thursday night game from 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. on the Dogfish Deck in the first base picnic area, fans will be able to take advantage of special discounts on Dogfish Head craft beers, wine and food.
- Try these recommendations for Girl Scout Cookie and beer pairings.
- Stop by The Pickled Pig Pub in Rehoboth for their 7th Annual Delaware Beer Week highlighting local brews on all 14 taps and more.
- Dogfish Vintage & Vinyl at the Brewery: The first Thursday of every month, enjoy 2008, 2011 and 2012 120 Minute IPA and 2010 Pangaea paired with vintage vinyl at their Milton brewery. They will also be releasing a fresh batch of 120 Minute IPA.
- Stop by 3rd Wave Brewing Co. in Delmar for their half price flight night special.
- Wash down your oysters with some brews at FINS Fish House & Raw Bar’s weekly beer dinner in Rehoboth.
- Head to the Crooked Hammock Brewery’s Tap That Cask Thursday event in Lewes.
- Make the Delaware Brew Bus your designated driver with tours leaving from Blue Earl Brewing in Smyrna.
Follow @DEHopScene on Twitter for more ideas on how to celebrate National Beer Day this Thursday, April 7.