We love the desserts at The Corner Bistro in Wilmington, so we were thrilled when the gang came to the big Best of Delaware Party last month—and even more thrilled when they supplied the recipe for their pudding parfait. Below, the holy Budino:
Budino (Pudding Parfait)
- 1/3 C granulated sugar
- 2 T cornstarch
- 1/4 t salt
- 2 1/4 C whole milk
- 3 large egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 3 T butter, cut into small pieces
- 2 t vanilla extract
- Oreo Cookie Crumbles
- Caramel Sauce
- Whipped Cream
- Espresso Sea Salt
(The first four steps are for our vanilla pudding- feel free to skip them and use an instant pudding so you can eat this dessert faster!!)
- Place a strainer over a medium bowl with a spout and set aside.
- Combine the sugar, cornstarch, and salt in a saucepan and whisk until well mixed. While constantly whisking, slowly drizzle in 1/4 cup of the milk until smooth. Whisk in the egg yolks and remaining milk.
- Place the saucepan over medium heat and cook, whisking frequently, until the pudding begins to thicken and starts to bubble, about 5-6 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium low and switch to a rubber spatula. Stir constantly, scraping the bottom and sides of the pan, until the pudding makes ribbons when drizzled over the surface, 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the butter and vanilla extract until the butter is melted and completely incorporated. Pour the pudding through the prepared strainer. Lightly press a piece of plastic wrap on top of the pudding to prevent a skin from forming (We put ours into a pastry bag, but you can transfer it into individual ramekins if you like!) Chill in the refrigerator until set, about 2 hours.
- When pudding is set, pipe into a glass or ramekin with chocolate cookie crumbles, caramel sauce, fresh whipped cream, and some sea salt (we use an espresso sea salt, but if you don’t want to infuse any or can’t find it at the store, some regular flaky sea salt, such as Maldon, will do).
Courtesy of Corner Bistro (facebook | twitter)