Beer lovers, rejoice! On Saturday, Sept. 3, the Friends of Wilmington Parks will host a celebration of the past, present and future of craft brewing in the First State. Join local historians John Medkeff, Tony Russo and Bob Fullmer at Blue Ball Barn at Alapocas Run State Park as they present a history of Delaware brewing, followed by a craft beverage sampling with more than 15 local craft beverage makers. Enjoy gourmet sandwiches from WiLDWiCH Food Truck, meet with local artisans and artists.
Multiple raffle baskets filled with brewery merchandise, gift certificates, tasting vouchers and more will be up for grabs. Handmade glassware, including hand-blown glass and ceramic creations by local artisans, will be sold by silent auction. All of the proceeds from ticket sales and raffles will benefit the “Restore the King” initiative and Wilmington State Park’s School Programs Scholarship Fund.
- Bellefonte Brewing Co. (Wilmington)
- Twin Lakes Brewing Co. (Newport)
- Dew Point Brewing Co. (Yorklyn)
- Dogfish Head Beer (Milton)
- 2SP Brewing Co. (Aston, Pa.)
- Blue Earl Brewing Co. (Smyrna)
- Mispillion River Brewing (Milford)
- 3rd Wave Brewing Co. (Delmar)
- Argilla Brewing Co. (Wilmington)
- Frozen Toes Brewing (Greenville)
- Big Oyster Brewery (Rehoboth)
- Revelation Craft Brewing Co. (W. Rehoboth)
- 16 Mile Brewing Co. (Georgetown)
Participating wineries, cideries, meaderies and distilleries:
- Painted Stave Distilling (Smyrna)
- Harvest Ridge Winery (Marydel)
- Rebel Seed Cidery (Marydel)
- Liquid Alchemy Beverages Meadery (Wilmington)
Participating up-and-coming craft beverage makers:
- Brimming Horn Meadery (Milton)
- Midnight Oil Brewing Co. (Newport)
- First State Brewing Co. (Middletown)
- Civil Cider (Wilmington)
Early bird and early bird general admission tickets are already sold out. VIP, general admission, designated driver VIP and designated driver general admission tickets are available until Sept. 2. VIP tickets are $45; general admission tickets are $35. Visit Eventbrite to purchase tickets. You must be at least 21 to attend the event.
Delaware: A Brew Story 2016
Saturday, Sept. 3 from 5–9:30 p.m.
Blue Ball Barn at Alapocas Run State Park
1914 W. Park Drive, Wilmington