NASCAR fans can indulge in Delaware-themed food selections from scrapple to crab cakes as part of Dover International Speedway’s 50th anniversary celebrations.
The Monster Mile collaborated with SoDel Concepts to design a special concession menu featuring many First State favorites for the May 3-5 NASCAR triple-header weekend at Dover International Speedway. The new offerings are also presented in collaboration with Delaware on Tap, the Delaware Tourism Office’s smartphone application guide to the state’s craft beverage makers.
(FROM LEFT): Sticky icky fried rice bowl.; The ricky bobby.//photos courtesy of SoDel Concepts
The Delaware-themed selections, available in a centralized location outside the track’s front stretch grandstand, will include:
- Delaware Destroyer: Waffle-cut fries, crab béchamel, white cheddar, scallions, bacon and Old Bay seasoning
- Fried Softshell Sandwich: Buttermilk flash fried softshell crab, arugula, corn relish, tartar and a potato roll
- Jimmie Jam: Hand-crafted griddled scrapple, foot long hot dog, fresh lobster and apple slaw
- Miles Stop ‘N Go Pork Rinds: Bag of flash fried pork rinds with nacho cheese spice
- Monster Mile Street Fries: Waffle-cut fries, chorizo sloppy joe, pico de gallo, cotija, lime mayo, cilantro, and crushed Doritos
- Pit Stop Southern Boiled Peanuts: Southern shrimp boil peanuts, creole spices
- Slingshot Scrapple Grilled Cheese: Scrapple, American cheese, fried egg and white bread
- Sticky Icky Fried Rice Bowl: Four-time award-winning fried chicken morsels, shaved vegetables, fried egg and special sauce
- The Ricky Bobby: Shake and bake fried chicken, hand-blended dry seasonings, cole slaw, buttermilk aioli and potato roll
- Turn 1 Delaware Half Smoke: Pork and beef link, sauerkraut and beer mustard
(FROM LEFT): Pit Stop Southern boiled peanuts., The Jimmie Jam.//photos courtesy of SoDel Concepts
Delaware-based restaurants, food trucks, tents and concession stands will also be on hand throughout the weekend, including:
- Zogg’s Sea Hogg food truck: Featuring tacos, cabbage wraps, po boys, mac and cheese and more.
- Top Five BBQ Bakery food truck: Traditional barbecue favorites, including pulled chicken nachos and brisket.
- Wildwich food truck: Offers a variety of hot and cold sandwiches, salads, soups and sides.
- Sherri’s Crab Cakes: More than one million crab cakes sold, made with lump and jumbo lump crab meat along with special spices.
- Bunting’s Popcorn: Offers kettle corn, movie popcorn, pretzel dogs and cotton candy.
- Frankie’s Monster Mile Café: Dover Downs mobile restaurant will have its many Italian treats, along with two bar and seating options, available in Victory Plaza.
- Grotto Pizza: A favorite at the Delaware beaches and beyond.
- Rita’s Water Ice: Terrific treat for sunny days in the grandstands.
Draft beers from First State breweries Fordham & Dominion (Dover), Mispillion River Brewing (Milford) and Blue Earl Brewery (Smyrna)—all of which are part of Delaware on Tap—will also be available during the track’s 50th anniversary bash on Saturday, May 4 from 3-7 p.m. at the Xfinity Stage in Victory Plaza. Dover worked with Fordham & Dominion over the winter to produce Splash & Go, an easy drinking lager perfect for sipping in the Monster Mile grandstands during the races. The special anniversary lager will be available for purchase all weekend long.
Keep up to date on all 50th Anniversary announcements and schedules by visiting DoverSpeedway.com or calling (800) 441-RACE. You can also keep up with all track activities at Facebook.com/DoverInternationalSpeedway, or on Twitter and Instagram at @MonsterMile.