If you’re hosting for the Super Bowl this year, don’t feel pressured to stick to domestic beer and Solo cup Jack and Coke. We have an elevated cocktail recipe perfect for those rooting for the Kansas City Chiefs! The Kansas City Blonde cocktail is lightly inspired by Taylor Swift and the perfect pair for your Kansas City barbecue spread.
Our Kansas City Blonde cocktail is based on Taylor Swift’s favorite classic cocktail—The French Blonde. In honor of Travis Kelce and his star-powered sweetheart, we tweaked this cocktail to make it a vibrant red. Along with the traditional grapefruit juice, our Kansas City Blonde cocktail features cranberry juice for color and sweetness.
Our recipe makes one cocktail, but it’s easy to batch and serve in a beverage dispenser with ice. Allow your guests to self-serve into coupe glasses for convenience and charm. If you’re hosting a lot of people, you can always opt for disposable cocktail cups!
If you choose to batch it, we recommend using a full bottle of gin to start. For the full 750ml bottle, use about half a bottle of St. Germain (or an elderflower liqueur of your choosing) and about a quarter of a bottle of Lillet Blanc. Top it with a full bottle of Simply cranberry cocktail and Simply grapefruit juice. You can also add about 10-15 dashes of lemon bitters for a sophisticated touch that’s unexpected in a batched cocktail. Stir it up, and you’re ready to go!
No Super Bowl party is complete without some domestic beer, but for party guests with more sophisticated tastes, this Kansas City Blonde cocktail is sure to satisfy. It’s perfect for slow sipping, snacking on game-day food and enjoying an evening of America’s favorite sport.
While this cocktail is a no-brainer for Chiefs fans, we have something for the 49ers crowd as well! If your guests are a mixed bag, we recommend serving up both cocktails for an immersive party experience.
Kansas City Blonde CocktailCourse: CocktailCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
This Kansas City Blonde cocktail is an ideal choice for watching the Chiefs on the field.
2 oz Hendricks gin
1 1/2 oz St. Germain elderflower liqueur
1/2 oz Lillet Blanc
2 oz grapefruit juice
2 oz cranberry juice
1 dash lemon or black lemon bitters
1 strip of lemon peel (for garnish)
- To a cocktail shaker filled with ice, add Hendricks, St. Germain, Lillet Blanc, grapefruit juice, cranberry juice and lemon bitters.
- Shake vigorously for about 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Strain into a chilled coupe glass.
- Peel a thin strip off of a lemon, run it over the rim of the glass and twist over the drink to allow any oils to fall into the cocktail.
- Place lemon peel on the rim, or drop it in. Serve and enjoy!
- To batch this recipe, use 1 bottle of Hendricks, about 1/2 bottle of St. Germain, 1/4 bottle of Lillet Blanc, a bottle of Simply Grapefruit juice and a bottle of Simply Cranberry Cocktail. Top with about 10-15 dashes of lemon bitters. Mix in a drink dispenser with plenty of ice.