1. BBC Tavern and Grill has two Valentine’s Day specials.
- Surf and Turf: Grilled eight-ounce filet, char-broiled lobster tail topped with hollandaise sauce, herb-roasted fingerling potatoes and asparagus for $38. Suggested wine pairing: Tom Gore Cabernet Sauvignon.
- Seared Scallops: Pan-seared scallops, sweet potato purée and asparagus for $22. Suggested wine pairing: Fernhook Sauvignon Blanc.
4019 Kennett Pike, Greenville, 655-3785, bbctavernandgrill.com
2. Bella Coast Italian Kitchen and Market has a range of specials on Valentine’s Day.
- 1/2 dozen oysters: $14
- Parmigiano-crusted scallops: $12
- Bella Coast-style shrimp cocktail: $10
- Pan-seared filet medallions, Parpadelle pasta, rose blush sauce, balsamic glaze and fried basil leaves: $23
- Oscar Bella coastâ€¨crab cake, seared scallops, grilled asparagus, risotto and red pepper coulis: $26
- Chicken breast stuffed with Tuscan couscous, Fontina cheese, crispy polenta, roasted pepper garlic cream sauce and served with ratatouille: $19
2530 Concord Pike, Wilmington, 479-5683, bellacoast.com
3. Celebrate at Big Fish Glen Mills from Friday, Feb. 10, through Tuesday, Feb. 14.
- Appetizers include delicious options like diver scallops, baked lobster mac-n-cheese and braised beef cheek.
- Entrées include a five-ounce filet with bacon-wrapped shrimp, Maine lobster ravioli, an eight-ounce crab cake and more. Call 484-842-1757 for reservations.
981 Baltimore Pike, Glen Mills, Pa., bigfishglenmills.com
4. Blackwall Hitch in Rehoboth Beach has a special menu available Friday, Feb. 10, through Monday, Feb. 13 alongside the regular dinner menu.
- The special menu is available solely for dinner on Valentine’s Day.
- Diners enjoy one selection from a four-course menu for $79 per person.
- View the complete menu on the Blackwall Hitch’s website.
52 Rehoboth Ave., Rehoboth Beach, 226-0550, theblackwallhitch.com/rehoboth
5. Enjoy chef’s specials at Domaine Hudson from the à la carte menu or order from the five-course prix fixe menu.
- The Valentine’s Day menu will also be available on Saturday, Feb. 11, and Monday, Feb. 13. For reservations, call 655-9463.
1314 Washington St., Wilmington, 655-9463, domainehudson.com
6. Harry’s Savoy Grill is offering an optional three-course menu from Friday, Feb. 10 through Tuesday, Feb. 14.
- The menu can be paired with wines, if desired. The regular menu will also be available.
2020 Naamans Road, Wilmington, 475-3000, harryshospitalitygroup.com/harrys-savoy-grill
7. The Hilton Wilmington/Christiana is offering a special Valentine’s Day menu from Feb. 10 through Feb. 18.
- The menu includes shareable small plates and desserts, as well as salads and entrées.
- The hotel also has overnight room packages for a romantic getaway. Choose Cupid’s Ultimate Package, complete with a two-carat diamond ring, chef’s table dinner in the room, a couple’s massage and a hot breakfast in the morning.
- There are other overnight packages available—visit the hotel’s website for a full list and to book.
100 Continental Drive, Newark, 454-1500, hiltonchristiana.com
8. Kid Shelleen’s Charcoal House & Saloon will have a Valentine’s Dinner for Two.
- There will be a choice of one appetizer, two entrées and choice of one dessert per couple for $50.
1801 W. 14 St., Wilmington, 658-4600, harryshospitalitygroup.com/kid-shelleens
9. The University and Whist Club will be hosting its annual Valentine’s Day dinner on Tuesday, Feb. 14.
- For the first time, this event will be open to the public.
- Guests will choose from a variety of options for their meals, from roasted beet tartare, Beef Wellington, lobster macaroni and cheese or Dover sole.
- Dessert options include profiteroles, crème brûlée, sorbet and ice cream as well as chocolate mousse.
- The menu will also feature specialty drinks for the evening, including a French kiss and German chocolate cake martini.
- For reservations, call Tyler at 658-5125 ext. 107.
805 N. Broom St., Wilmington, universityandwhistclub.com