This healthy recipe was provided by Gabrielle Marlow of Christiana Care’s Weight Management Center & Bariatric Surgery Program. Enjoy!
Chicken Breasts with Tropical Fruit Salsa
- Cooking spray
- 16 ounces skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- Salt, pepper and Mrs. Dash Fiesta Lime seasong to taste
- 1 ½ cups diced seasonal fruit (melon, pineapple, peaches, plums, etc.) or tropical fruit, canned in juice
- 1 additional teaspoon Mrs. Dash Fiesta Lime seasoning
- Juice of one lime
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped or pressed
Spray a large skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high temperature. Season chicken with salt, pepper and Mrs. Dash Fiesta Lime seasoning. Place the chicken in the hot pan. Reduce the heat to medium, and sauté for 4 minutes on each side, or until cooked through (165 degrees Fahrenheit in the center).
As the chicken cooks, make the salsa. Combine diced fruit, another teaspoon of Mrs. Dash Fiesta Lime seasoning, lime juice, olive oil and garlic in a small bowl. (Tip: If you mix up, cover and place the salsa in the refrigerator up to two days before serving this meal, the flavors will intensify and taste even better.)
Place chicken breasts on plates and divide salsa mixture between them. Serve with brown rice, and salad or vegetables.
Nutrition facts per serving (serving size = 4 ounces of chicken):
Calories: 188; Fat: 5 grams; Saturated fat: 1 gram; Monounsaturated fat: 3 grams; Polyunsaturated fat: 1 gram; Protein: 27 grams; Carbohydrate: 7 grams; Fiber: 1 gram; Cholesterol: 66 milligrams; Iron: 1 milligram; Sodium: 363 milligrams; Potassium: 362 milligrams; Calcium: 60 milligrams