Crooked Hammock Brewery is celebrating the season with its first Oktoberfest festival. The three-day event will be held Oct. 6–9, and will feature a special menu as well as the release of three beers. The restaurant-brewery is also planning on releasing cask beers for the festival. “We’re excited to have two new talented brewers joining our team, and we can’t wait to try their Oktoberfest beers,” says Rich Garrahan, owner and general manager.
The menu will include:
- Beer & Cheese Soup: Made with Oktoberfest beer, Muenster, Cabot cheddar, leeks and bacon.
- Cold Cuts & Cheese: Sliced bratwurst, hard salami and black forest ham, smoked Gouda, Muenster, and Cabrales Blue.
- Wild Mushroom Strudel: â€‹Shiitake, cremini and oyster mushrooms served with shallots, tomato confit, Cabrales Bleu and a sherry stout gastrique.
- Bratwurst & Kraut Fritters: Bratwurst served with house made sauerkraut, Muenster and spicy honey mustard.
- Pork Schnitzel Sandwich: Breaded pork loin, tomato confit, pickled cabbage, and spicy honey mustard on a brioche bun.
- Mootzy’s IPA Bratwurst: House made beer brat, sauerkraut, and whole-grain mustard on a hero roll.
- Stout-Braised Pork Shank: Beer-braised pork shank, house made sauerkraut, herb sweet potato cake and Boursin cheese.
- Beef Rouladen: Marinated steak with wild mushrooms, bacon, spinach, Cabrales Bleu, brown butter spaetzle and red cabbage in a bordelaise sauce.
- Schweinsteiger: Named after the German football star, this is a traditional Bavarian-style beer. It is a crisp, easy drinking beer with a deep malt finish—perfect for those chilly fall nights.
- Dunk You Very Much: The darker cousin of the German Hefeweizen, this wheat style beer carries more malt and body and finishes smooth with tons of flavor.
- Jav-O-Lantern: This English style Brown Ale is packed with real pumpkin smoked over cherry wood, spices, and fresh Guatemalan coffee beans from the guys at Surf Bagel.
Crooked Hammock Brewery
16989 Kings Hwy., Lewes