Smoothie bowls from Stripp’d.//photos courtesy of DECO
On March 28, the chef-tenants were finally announced at the much-anticipated DECO (short for Delaware Collective), a new food hall that is opening in the rejuvenated ground floor of the historic DuPont Building at 10th and Orange Streets. And on Thursday, April 18, it will finally open its doors.
Featuring eight restaurant stalls, 200 seats and a beautiful atrium bar, DECO is set to become Wilmington’s hottest hangout spot, dining room, coffee fill-up, cocktail lounge and cafe patio all wrapped up into one.
The grand opening will take place Thursday from 5-11 p.m. and all-day Friday from 7 a.m.-midnight. Enjoy music from the Stone Shakers from 8-11 p.m. and food will be available for purchase at each restaurant stall, as will cocktails, beer and wine at DECO BAR.
Red velvet waffle with whipped cream from Connie’s
- Partner Content -
Chef-tenants at DECO include:
- Spark’d, a creative pastry shop specializing in all-day baked goods, coffee and special-occasion cakes
- Connie’s Chicken & Waffles, a Baltimore favorite that is thrilled to expand into Wilmington
- Pizzeria Bardea, a James Beard semifinalist with Neapolitan-inspired pies and farm-to-table salads
- Phubs, serving Vietnamese pho, banh-mi subs and rice bowls
- The Verandah, an Indian street food outpost for samosas, kabab wraps, chaats, parathas and tikki masala
- Stripp’d, offering smoothies, juices, acai bowls and salads
- Al Chu’s Sushi, sushi and poke—and a triumphant return—from a Wilmington legend
- The Pop-Up, or “test kitchen,” which will serve as a home to a rotating roster of chef-tenants that will change biweekly to monthly throughout the year. The first tenant of The Pop-Up will be Dan Sheridan and the Locale BBQ Post, with barbecue sandwiches and classic sides.
DECO is located at 111 W. 10th Street in the DuPont Building. Complimentary parking and paid valet are available.