Keith Davis, the food and beverage director at the Hilton Wilmington/Christiana, shares one of his holiday traditions: making Christmas Mix. “My sister gave me the recipe years ago, and as most chefs do, I modified it and made it my own,” Davis says. Whip up a batch just in time for Christmas and New Year’s Eve.
- 1/2 box Corn Chex (12 ounces)
- 1/2 box Rice Chex (12 ounces)
- 1 ½ cups roasted salted peanuts
- 1 ½ cups roasted salted whole cashews
- 3 cups pretzel twists
- 1 ½ cups peanut M&Ms
- 3 bags vanilla-flavored chocolate (2 bags if you prefer less chocolate)
Mix all dry ingredients together in a large stainless bowl. Melt chocolate in a double boiler. Pour chocolate over dry ingredients in four parts, saving the last quarter to drizzle over the entire mix on a tray. Mix well to coat all the ingredients in chocolate, being careful not to smash or break the pieces. Pour mix onto a tray lined with parchment paper. Drizzle with remaining chocolate. Let mix rest for at least 2 hours before packaging and consumption.