If you can’t be on vacation this week, you can at least take your taste buds on one! Head to Caffé Gelato on Thursday, June 22, for a special rum-infused dinner with rum expert Karl Kadar. Seats are $69 per person and include a six-course meal, featuring special rum pairings.
The menu will include:
- Reception: Conch fritters served with green papaya-jicama slaw and citrus honey-rum dipping sauce and pulled Caribbean jerk chicken on a plantain chip.
- Appetizer: Sugar cane-skewered shrimp with pineapple and roasted pepper chutney and rum-habañero sauce.
- Rum: Flor de Cana Centenario (12-year)
- Soup: Cinnamon and nutmeg-seasoned Caribbean beef stew.
- Salad: Fresh pineapple and sliced avocado served over romaine hearts tossed with shaved red onion, toasted coconut and vanilla-rum vinaigrette.
- Rum: Flor de Cana Centenario (18-year)
- Intermezzo: Piña Colada sorbetto.
- Entree: Honey and key lime-glazed Caribbean lobster served with rum-jerk butter, ginger sautéed onions, jerk bell peppers, pickled mango risotto and sautéed sweet corn with scallions and cilantro.
- Rum: Brugal 1888
- Dessert: Caribbean sweet potato rum cake and Blue Chair Bay Spiced coconut cream.
Rum Runner Dinner
Thursday, June 22
90 E. Main St., Newark