Bianca Russano, personal chef and owner of About The Table, shares an easy summer salad that her family loves.
Brussels Sprout Salad with Gouda, Apricots & Pistachios
- 1 pound brussels sprouts; trimmed, halved and very thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup aged gouda cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup shelled pistachios, toasted and chopped
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
Whisk lemon juice, olive oil, mustard, shallot, garlic, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add the shredded Brussels sprouts and toss. Let sit for at least 30 minutes.
Stir cheese, apricots and pistachios into salad. Serve.