(From left): Jessop’s Tavern is celebrating the return of “Game of Thrones” this weekend.//Photo courtesy of Jessop’s Tavern.; “Game of Thrones” Mother of Dragons cherry smoked porter.//Photo by Marc Guthrie
Fans of the HBO show “Game of Thrones” have been waiting since August 2017 for the final season to return. Now it’s here and we don’t know if we should cheer or cry. The eighth and final season is finally returning on Sunday, April 14 and to celebrate, Jessop’s Tavern & Colonial Restaurant is hosting a Feast of the Seven Kingdoms, beginning on Friday, April 12.
The menu will include:
- Soup: Bean and bacon ($7)
- Appetizer: Stuffed quail (pumpernickel leek) ($15)
- Entrées: BBQ turkey legs ($21), bacon wrapped trout ($21) and prime rib ($21)
- Dessert: Poached pears (à la mode) ($9) and Arya’s snitched tarts ($9)
(From Left): The front of Jessop’s Tavern.; Turkey leg with green beans.//Photos courtesy of Jessop’s Tavern
The menu also includes five beers from Brewery Ommegang, which started brewing beers based on the HBO series in 2013.
The Ommegang “Game of Thrones” beer selections will include:
- Hand of the Queen: Barley wine
- Queen of the Seven Kingdoms: Sour blonde ale
- Mother of Dragons: Cherry smoked porter
- King in the North: Bourbon barrel imperial stout
- For the Throne: Golden ale fermented with pinot grigio and viognier grape juice
The beers will be available in both draft and bottle (while supplies last).
The featured menu is available beginning Friday, April 12 at 4:30 p.m. through Sunday, April 14 at 9 p.m.
Jessop’s Tavern & Colonial Restaurant
114 Delaware St., New Castle
322-6111 • jessops-tavern.com