Newark has so many great restaurants that, at times, it can be overwhelming to choose just one place to dine at. So when there’s an opportunity to visit a number of them in one day, it’s definitely something local foodies should take advantage of.
This Saturday head downtown for the Wine and Dine Downtown Newark event, which runs from noon until 5 p.m. A number of chefs from Newark’s very own restaurants will prepare a tasty delight and pair it with a fine wine from around the world. Restaurant-wine pairings will offer a 2 oz. taste of wine for $2. Premium tastings and flights may also be available at varying prices. Stroll and taste at your own pace, but the first 2,000 attendees will receive a complimentary commemorative wine tasting glass and wine pouch.
No tickets are required for this event—you simply pick up a glass at any participating restaurant and pay as you go. You must be at least 21 years of age with proper I.D. to participate in wine tastings.
PHOTOS Courtesy of City of Newark
Participating restaurants include:
- Home Grown Café
- Caffé Gelato
- Stone Balloon Ale House
- â€‹Chef Robbie Jester will be featuring pork bánh mì tacos with cauliflower slaw, sour cream and onion deviled eggs and crispy wellington ravioli with brandy cream and arugula
- Grotto Pizza—Newark
- Finn McCool’s Irish Gastropub
- Iron Hill Brewery & Restaurant
- Arena’s Deli & Bar—Newark
- Santa Fe Mexican Grill Newark
- Churrascaria Saudades Brazilian Steakhouse
- Pachamama – Newark
Parking is free at all downtown parking meters and municipal lots for this event. Visit newarkde.gov/winedine for menu and pairing details. For more information, call 366-7000.