Adobe Stock/PinkCoffee Studio
This holiday season, score gifts for family and friends that are sentimental and support the local economy by shopping in the 302.
1. Perfect as a stocking stuffer (or even a little present for yourself): luxe skin care products by local Johanna Peet of Peet Rivko are formulated from all natural ingredients, with sensitive skin in mind.
2. Sara Titone’s woven earrings and handbags made their debut at Delaware shops like Coral Cove (Rehoboth Beach) long ago, and now the designer is experimenting with new materials and adding home goods—from macramé coasters to bohemian wall hangings—to her online boutique. Here, Kelsey Hoops, $46, and Lola Two-Tone Handbag, $150, both at shopdaydreamweaver.com.
3. Fine artist and lower-school art teacher Corinne Cowan Pomeroy likes to create something especially memorable for loved ones:house portraits. “A home isn’t just a place or a structure,” she says. “It’s lives lived, memories made, [holidays] around the table, the aroma of fresh baked goods or Grandma’s special gravy simmering on the stove. … I want to keep these memories alive for others so that the house is no longer just a dwelling, but it becomes a piece of them.” For commissions, email email@example.com or message her at @ccpfineart on Instagram. Allow about four weeks.
4. Bri Brandt specializes in stitching effortless style with sustainability. Choose from multiple leather hides and details to build a bespoke wallet, clutch, handbag or tote. Here, Arden Clutch, $80, at Arden + James, Chadds Ford.
5. When she’s not assembling colorful, large-scale works from trace paper, architect-turned-artist Samara Weaver enjoys turning pottery and fashioning porcelain jewelry. Sea Glass Mug, $35, and Floral Mug, $45, at samaraweaver.com. Weaver’s work is also available at The Delaware Contemporary Gallery Shop, Wilmington.
7. Planning for a warm winter escape after nearly two years of quarantine? Mary Adams’ quality Portuguese Cork Totes are a functionally cool carryall. $195, at featherstitches.com.
8. What do you get for the person who has everything? The gift of new experiences. Purchase a membership to a local museum, tickets to a festival or show, or a gift card to their favorite restaurant.
9. Help your loved ones stay healthy while supporting our state parks. An annual state park pass is only $35 with DE tags, and seniors get a discount.estateparks.com/Know/PassesTagsFees