If eating and shopping sound like a great way to spend the day after Thanksgiving, you’re in luck. On Black Friday, several mobile food vendors are circling the wagons right across from the Seaside Tanger Outlets in Rehoboth. The food truck event at Epworth United Methodist Church will feature at least eight food trucks, organizers say. Vendors so far include:
- Rosenfeld’s Roadside Jewish Deli with deli sandwiches (pictured), potato knishes and black and white cookies.
- The Polish Connection with scrapple sandwiches, handmade kielbasa, stuffed cabbage and pierogis.
- Mama Mia with upscale Italian fare.
- The Sea Hogg from Zogg’s Raw Bar and Grill with loaded fish, chicken and pork and beef tacos.
- Taco Reho with upscale tacos, including breakfast tacos.
- Grotto Pizza with, yes, pizza.
- The Frozen Farmer with fresh juices, smoothies and ice cream made with the owners’ farm produce.
- A Latte’ Soul with specialty coffee drinks made with locally roasted Swell Joe beans.
Some trucks will start serving at 9 a.m., others at 11 a.m. They’ll keep cooking until they run out of food or customers. There’s plenty of parking. Also, in the spirit of the holidays, a portion of the proceeds benefits The Food & Love Soup Kitchen and Epworth Skate Park. For more info, visit http://www.eumcrb.org/foodtruckfridays/.