At the Center for Advanced Eye Care, we believe that every decision concerning your eyes should be an informed one. Our accomplished physicians are dedicated to protecting, improving, and preserving eye health, and are enthusiastic about providing the best possible vision outcome by utilizing state-of-the-art techniques.
Our journey with each patient begins with an understanding of your health, an explanation of your medical condition, and an assessment of your needs. We feel strongly that treatment options should align with your individual lifestyle, and we provide the highest quality care for patients requiring surgical and medical care for their vision conditions. Our top-rated team utilizes the most advanced diagnostic and treatment technologies to ensure you have access to the best ophthalmology services in Delaware.
The Center for Advanced Eye Care specializes in pediatric ophthalmology, cataract surgery, LASIK/PRK, cosmetic surgery, and general ophthalmology. Whether your condition requires surgical or medical care, we pride ourselves on providing the highest quality care for all our patients.
Children can be afflicted by many eye diseases. They may be born with or may develop cataracts, glaucoma, retinal and orbital tumors, or other problems. More commonly, children may need glasses to see more clearly or intervention for misaligned eyes (strabismus) or poor visual development in one eye (amblyopia). The management of eye problems in children requires special knowledge and skills. Even before a child can speak, pediatric ophthalmologists can tell what a child sees, if he or she needs eyeglasses or contact lenses, and if any problems exist with the eyes. Children are not miniature adults, and their eye problems require diagnostic and treatment methods that are usually different from those used in the older age group.
Cataracts, a clouding of the lens of the eye, affect more than 22 million Americans over the age of 40. Cataract surgery, which involves replacing the clouded lens with an artificial one, is a common procedure that is considered safe and effective. The Center for Advanced Eye Care offers several options, including:
- A selection of lens options reduces or eliminates your need for glasses after surgery
- Laser-assisted cataract surgery reduces trauma and speeds up recovery
- Suture-less surgery allows you to return to normal activities the same day
REFRACTIVE SURGERY: LASIK and PRK
The goal of refractive surgery is to make patients more independent of glasses or contacts. Our refractive surgical options include Bladeless LASIK and PhotoRefractive Keratectomy (PRK); both procedures reshape the cornea to provide vision correction.
- LASIK—Laser-Assisted In Situ Keratomileusis—is the most common form of refractive surgery. The LASIK procedure uses targeted laser beam energy to reshape the cornea and correct nearsightedness, farsightedness, and astigmatism.
- PRK is a laser vision correction procedure that is the second most common type of laser eye surgery after LASIK. Used to correct mild to moderate conditions of nearsightedness, farsightedness, and astigmatism, PRK involves removing the epithelial layer of the cornea to reshape the cornea to provide vision correction.
Our fellowship-trained physician has an excellent reputation for providing the highest quality patient care. A few of the cosmetic surgery options that we offer include:
- Upper and lower eyelid surgery (Blepharoplasty)
- Botox, Xeomin, facial and eyelid fillers (Restylane, Voluma, Juvederm)
- Scarless brow lift
- Chemical peel resurfacing
- “Double Eyelid” surgery
At the Center for Advanced Eye Care, we understand the importance of vision in your life. Whether restoring, preserving, or improving sight, our skilled team is dedicated to ‘helping you achieve your best vision’ so you can live your best life.