Who says you have to spend Thursday evenings on land? Hop aboard the Riverboat Queen for an elegant evening cruise down the Christina River, each Thursday through Sept. 27.
The Aug. 23 cruise features delicious barbecue and various vintage bourbons. Enjoy a complimentary Old Forester Manhattan while boarding, then join bourbon specialist Nate Renwick for a dinner spanning several years and recipes.
The special bourbon-inspired menu includes:
- Brown-butter-and-smoked-bourbon-salt popcorn
- Chili-rubbed roasted nuts
- Smoky chilled gazpacho shooters
- Local beefsteak tomato, arugula and pickled red onion salad
- Smoked beef brisket tacos with pickled jalapenos and fresh horseradish
- Chef Mike’s apple-and-mesquite-barbecue beef ribs
- Old Forester-glazed beef tips with smoked Kennett Square portobello mushrooms
- Grilled Jersey sweet corn with bourbon butter
- Black garlic-roasted baby potatoes
- Peach-and-bourbon cobbler with salted-caramel ice cream
The cruise boards at 5:30 p.m. and departs at 6:30 p.m. Passengers must be 21 years or older. The cost is $55 per person. A cash bar will be available.
Riverboat Queen Beef and Bourbon Tasting Cruise
Thursday, Aug. 23
815 Justison St., Wilmington
425-4890 • wilmwaterattractions.com/riverboat-queen