- Wash fruits and vegetables thoroughly.
- Cut away bruised or damaged areas where bacteria might thrive.
- Peel oranges but leave the nutrient-rich pith.
- Whenever possible use organic produce, particularly if the food falls on the dirty dozen list of fruits and vegetables with a high pesticide residue.
- Vary it so you’re not getting an excess of certain vitamins and minerals.
- Count the calories. You may be consuming more than you think.
- Remember, fruit has fructose. The more you add to the drink, the more sugar is in your system.
- Consider adding protein powders, chia seeds or flaxseed to the drink.
How to Juice Effectively
Whenever possible, use organic produce.