Harvest Market Natural Foods in Hockessin carries more than 50 local products on its shelves. To honor these vendors, the grocery store is hosting its second annual “Meet the Makers” event on Saturday, April 14, from 11 a.m.–2 p.m. All attending vendors either grow, raise or make their own products within 150 miles of Hockessin.
Customers can enjoy an afternoon of free samples—and the chance to win a gift basket of local products.
Participating vendors include:
- Baba’s Brew, pouring cups of small-batch kombucha;
- Buck Run Farm, providing samples of local grass-fed jerky;
- Garrett Valley, offering samples of delicious bacon;
- Harvest Market Kitchen, serving up a taste of handmade meatloaf, featuring beef from Buck Run Farm;
- Kastania Olive Oil, providing tastes of organic olive oil from its family estate in Greece;
- Mompops, offering tiny pops and a sale on sweet treats;
- Mother Earth Organic Mushrooms, which produces fresh and dried USDA-certified organic mushrooms;
- Spring Thyme Herb Farm, showcasing a delightful variety of local and organic herbs;
- Swarmbustin’ Honey, providing tastes of golden honey;
- Trickling Springs Creamery, offering sips of grass-fed milk and
- Waggies by Maggie & Friends, giving out handmade dog treats.
Harvest Market Natural Foods
7417 Lancaster Pike, Hockessin
234-6779 • harvestmarketnaturalfoods.com