If you haven’t committed to New Year’s Eve plans yet, consider heading to Rehoboth for a decadent five-course dinner at Chesapeake & Maine.
Diners can chart their own culinary journey, choosing five of the ten courses below, as well as a beer, wine or cocktail flight.
First course options
- Poached pear salad—frisse, grilled endive, poached Anjou pear, cream cheese and pear vinaigrette
- Baby beet salad—pistachio puree, goat cheese ribbon and citrus supreme
Second course options
- Caramelized pear and parsnip soup—brown butter crumble, caramelized pear and walnut oil
- Lobster “chowder”—mirepoix, pancetta
Third course options
- Duck egg—popcorn risotto, crispy garlic, duck skin chicharrón and truffle paté
- Oyster Rockefeller—off-centered spinach filling, sauce choron espuma
Fourth course options
- Lobster Newberg—146-degree egg, sherry cream, fresh Maine lobster and prosciutto haricots verts
- “Steak & Egg”—bacon-wrapped filet, airy egg, toasted brioche and fingerling potato mousseline
Fifth course options
- Bananas “Foster” bread pudding—cinnamon bread pudding, walnut puree, banana sauce and vanilla ice cream
- Deconstructed blueberry pie—flakey pie crust, blueberry semifreddo, blueberry sauce and creme fraiche
Pricing, which includes dinner and beer pairing, is $79 per person (gratuity not included). Reservations are strongly encouraged to ensure seating. Call 226-3600 or head to Chesapeake & Maine’s website. Read our July review of Chesapeake & Maine here.
Chesapeake & Maine
316 Rehoboth Ave., Rehoboth Beach