a(MUSE.), Rehoboth Beach
• Do “Mr. Cameron’s All-American $5 and $10 Menu” at the bar every day from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m.
• The menu is also available after 11 p.m. during the season, and it’s a hit with bartenders and servers who flock to the bar when they get off work. (In the off-season, the late-night deal starts at 10 p.m.)
Columbus Inn, Wilmington
• Head to the tavern area or patio for super deals from Monday through Friday, 4 p.m to 7 p.m. The restaurant’s “snack” menu, which has items ranging from $6 to $9, becomes a “Five for $5” promotion. Get five different snacks for $5 each.
• Shucked oysters are $1 each during happy hour.
Harry’s Savoy Grill, North Wilmington
• Sit at the bar or the lounge. There’s a separate menu, but the dishes are the same.
• Opt for an open-faced prime rib sandwich or a hot roast beef sandwich with cheddar and onion rings instead of the prime rib dinner—the restaurant’s signature dish.
• Go for small plate-type items. They range from $2.50 to $15 for a cheese board. Try polpettine (pan-fried meatballs with white wine and lemon), mini-salmon burgers, octopus carpaccio with fresh lemon, sea salt and an orange peppadew remoulade.
• Sandwiches are $20 (lobster roll) and under, and they’re filling.
• Enjoy half-priced oyster night on Thursdays.
Bonus: On both the grill and restaurant menus, several of Chef Patrick D’Amico’s pastas are available in half and full portions.
Harry’s Seafood Grill, Wilmington riverfront
• Eat cheaper at the bar. Enjoy its seafood tapas bar menu, which might include swordfish polpettini with basil pesto and green olives; saffron mussels; a fried green tomato topped with crab and a tomato-buttermilk dressing; and a mini-crab cake slider. There is a full raw bar spread, too.
Bonus: Half-priced oyster night on Tuesdays and Thursdays
Nage, Rehoboth Beach
• Go for happy hour every day, from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. Its menu offers “bites” and “plates” under $1. And these are tasty bites, to include French country mussels with ham, Dijon mustard and vermouth, and ricotta gnocchi with garlic mascarpone, sundried tomato pesto, arugula and black olive. Consider foie gras mousse with ciabatta toast, pickles and mustard and chickpea fritters with pomegranate yogurt and lemon marmalade.
Striper Bites, Lewes
The Deals: Monday night gets you burgers at half price; Wednesday night offers $12 lobster rolls and $20 steak night; Friday’s happy hour from 5 p.m to 7 p.m. gets you fresh shucked oysters on the front patio.
Note: The deals are good from Labor Day to Memorial Day!
The Platinum Dining Group: Includes Taverna (Newark), Capers & Lemons (Wilmington) and Redfire Grill Steakhouse (Hockessin)
All feature happy hour nibbles from 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
• Capers & Lemons boasts meatballs, flatbreads, mussels, bruschetta and antipasti. (Also visit the adjacent market for takeout and prepared foods.) 256-0524, platinumdininggroup.com/capers_and_lemons
• Taverna does coal-roasted peppers, flatbreads, “Momma’s” meatballs and antipasto. 444-4334, platinumdininggroup.com/taverna
• Redfire serves Gorgonzola steak fries, grilled flatbreads, shrimp and chorizo skewers with roasted jalapeno and corn aioli—and Redfire Buffalo wings. 235-2600, platinumdininggroup.com/Redfire
NOTE: “We basically follow a 5, 4, 3 structure,” owner Carl Georigi says. In other words, the noshes are $5, the featured cocktails are $5, select wine is $4 a glass, and draft beers are $3.
♦ Want more dining deals? Click here.